Welcome Break coach drivers policy
Coach driver rewards policies
Our £10 meal for 1p scheme
When calling at a Welcome Break motorway service area with or without passengers and in a professional capacity, you are invited to eat for the nominal charge of 1p* when you are fully registered with an active account on https://www.coachdrivers.welcomebreak.co.uk/ at the following outlets:
- Burger King (£10)
- KFC (£10)
- Starbucks (£10)
- Chopstix (£10)
- The Good Breakfast (£10)
- Pret A Manger (£10)
- Waitrose (£6)**
- WHSmith (£6)**
- Subway (single meal)***
All food and drink should be consumed on the premises wherever possible. If you require food to take away please speak to our Duty Manager who will be pleased to help.
*Please note that Welcome Break has the right to remove this promotion without prior notice. No cash alternative.
**Vouchers can only be spent on food products and do not apply to alcohol or tobacco.
*** Subway meal consists of a 6" sub, a bag of crisps or cookie, and a drink.
Meal Voucher T&Cs
- Coach drivers visiting Welcome Break in a working capacity who register codes will be issued with a receipt that can then be exchanged for a 1p food meal, with a maximum value of £10 in Burger King, KFC, Chopstix, or Starbucks, or £6 in Waitrose, or a meal in Subway***. Additional amounts can be paid for in cash. Please note: no change will be given where less than £10 worth of food is ordered.
- This offer is valid for coach drivers visiting with any number of passengers but drivers must have an account with love2shop and they may be asked to provide evidence of their account and/or that they are travelling with passengers.
- Vouchers can only be redeemed against food and drink to be consumed on the premises.
- Vouchers can not be used to redeem again alcohol or tobacco.
- Only 1p receipt per coach driver can be issued per day.
- Drivers will also be issued with a unique code which must be entered into their drivers account at https://www.coachdrivers.welcomebreak.co.uk/
- Drivers with 20 or more passengers be given a unique code to register to receive reward points for Love2Shop.
- Drivers with less than 20 passengers with be given a unique code to enter into their account and each month, any coach drivers who have registered a code for less than 20 passengers at a Welcome Break location will be entered into a prize draw. Two drivers each month will be randomly selected as winners and will receive £50 worth of Love2Shop points. Welcome Break reserves the right to revise the giveaway at any time without prior notification. No cash or alternative prize will be offered in exchange. Winner will be chosen at random and notified via email.
- Each code entered for 20 or less passengers will count as an additional entry in the monthly competition.
- There are no limits as to how many entries a driver can have each month.
Our Love2Shop Rewards scheme
If you are travelling with passengers you can now collect Love2Shop Reward Points through your mobile phone. The process is very simple, with each point giving you £1 to spend.
Sign up to our reward scheme: coachdrivers.welcomebreak.co.uk
Identification within our food brands
In the absence of a membership card, our teams have been charged with ensuring our valued coach drivers are treated with respect and have the opportunity to receive the relevant benefit if they so wish. We believe that our teams on the front line are best placed to make the correct decision whilst you are visiting our sites.
With this in mind, please be aware that the manager on duty is responsible for the final decision on all coach driver benefits. Our teams have been briefed to check for uniforms, I.D badges, job sheets and passengers, but we also accept that in our busy environment these checks are sometimes not easy or perfect. Therefore, your assistance and support in making it easy for us to identify you would be appreciated. You will be required to complete the Coach Drivers logging sheet, which allows us to monitor the use of the scheme. We would really appreciate your support in completing this document, and any concerns can be dealt with by the team on duty at each service area.
Coach driver registration process
All coach drivers must register at 24-hour WHSmith outlets when calling at Welcome Break sites. If there is no 24-hour WHSmith outlet on-site, then all coach drivers must register at 24-hour Starbucks outlets.
All coach drivers must now have an online digital account https://www.coachdrivers.welcomebreak.co.uk/ in order to claim a 1p meal as well as being able to collect Digital Reward Points that can then be exchanged for Love2shop Cards. All coach drivers calling at Welcome Break must register in the WHS outlet where a registration receipt must be issued from the EPoS till, as well as being issued with a unique code to enter into their Digital Reward Platform to claim their points. Coach Driver registration button on the till can be found at:
- WHSmith – Vouchers – Coach DR Reg
- Starbucks – Offers – Coach DR Reg
Validated receipts can be used in the following outlets: BK, KFC, Starbucks, Pret A Manger, Chopstix, The Good Breakfast, and Waitrose.
The vouchers and 1p Meal are deemed by HMRC to be an incentive. Therefore, it is a legal requirement for us to collect the relevant details.
It is our intention to reward coach drivers who bring 20 or more passengers, and therefore potential customers, into our service areas. Therefore, whenever you do, we will issue points to the value of a £1* Love2Shop voucher per visit per driver.
Vouchers must be redeemed within their expiry date and cannot be exchanged or replaced once this date has expired.
*Points to the value of a £5 Love to Shop voucher are issued at Gretna Green, Woodall, Charnock Richard, Keele, Corley, Hopwood, Michaelwood, Gordano, South Mimms, and Membury Services.
Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions govern the Refer a Friend Scheme
The Scheme may be withdrawn or amended at any time and without notice.
To participate as a referrer (“Referrer”) you must be a fully registered driver with https://www.coachdrivers.welcomebreak.co.uk/
How to earn rewards through referrals
- Create a referral link on https://www.coachdrivers.welcomebreak.co.uk/coach-driver-referrals/
- Share this referral link to other coach drivers who are not already registered.
- Once the driver who signed up through your referral link registers 5 trips, you will receive £10 to your account to redeem!
Points will expire after 12 months of allocation to the participant’s account unless redemptions are made within that 12-month period.
If a driver you had referred does not register through your link, you will not receive rewards.
Fraudulent use of accounts and points on Participant’s accounts will result in the account being immediately suspended. Fraudulent activity may result in the termination of Participants account and the cancellation of accrued points, rewards, or benefits, or both.
Welcome Break reserves the right to edit the points value offered at any time.
Referees must register through the link shared with you by the Referrer and follow the instructions provided.
The referee would then gain access to the benefits of a coach driver visiting welcome break sites (see more information on https://www.welcomebreak.co.uk/journey-planner/information-for-coach-drivers/)
By accepting the terms and conditions you agree that your name will be shared with your referrer after you have registered your first 5 codes.
How to enter
- Visit a Welcome Break site with less than 20 passengers and collect a code.
- Register your code on https://www.coachdrivers.welcomebreak.co.uk/
For each ‘less than 20 passengers’ codes you register, you have another entry in the prize draw.
The prize draw
On a monthly basis, three names will be pulled at random, and reward will be provided.
Winning users will receive points added to their account on https://www.coachdrivers.welcomebreak.co.uk/
Reward points must be redeemed within 12 months of being issued.
1st winner £50
2nd winner £25
3rd winner £25
The winners agree to the release of their first name and business name in marketing material.
Welcome Break reserves the right to cancel the prize draw or amend these terms and conditions (including reward offered) at any time, without prior notice.
Advice on Peartree A34 Coach Parking
Peartree services is a non-motorway site with both limited coach parking and a high volume of non-motorway use local coach traffic.
Partly due to the restrictions in parking in central Oxford, we are frequently having issues with high volumes of coaches parking at Peartree and turning away coaches with passengers on route to other destinations
We hope you understand our priority must be to coach companies with passengers who require a rest break. As of November 2019, our benefits to coach drivers will only apply to those carrying passengers.
We shall also be limiting parking to a maximum of 45 minutes for all coaches at Peartree.
We will of course continue to monitor the situation and hope this will solve the issue for both our customers and drivers
If you have any questions, please contact us here.
Abuse of benefits
Please remember that all of our benefits are aimed at coach drivers, hosts and hostesses who are bringing passengers into our service areas. The manager on duty will always make the final decision. In the event of any doubt around identification, we would ask for your support whilst making these decisions.