Driving home for Christmas
Whether you’re driving home from work for the Christmas holidays, travelling to family or your Christmas destination of choice this year, we have you covered for the best tips to keep you feeling festive and safe on the road with some little surprises at Welcome Break included!
- Christmas playlist – When driving home for Christmas, festive music is a must! We have a playlist especially created for driving home for Christmas available on Spotify with all the classics! Listen here now!
- Stop off at Welcome Break for Christmas refreshments! – Why not pick up an Eggnog Latte from Starbucks paired with a Subway ‘Pigs In Blankets’ sub! Or stop off at Waitrose to pick up some Mince Pies for the perfect festive treat, and don’t forget to get the milk and cookies for Santa!
- FaceTime with Santa – as a treat this year, Santa has booked out one day in his busy schedule on Thursday 23rd December 9am-5pm for little ones stopping off at Welcome Break locations to call him with the direct line available and request any last-minute gifts they want! They may ask any questions they have for Santa too, including what his Christmas Eve plans are!
- Christmas Advent Scavenger Hunt – this week at Welcome Break we are holding a Christmas Advent Scavenger Hunt with prizes to be collected from WHSmith. Why not join in on the fun when stopping off with us at Welcome Break! Here is a list of the sites holding the Christmas Advent Scavenger Hunt.
- Set up any device needed for driving such as a SatNav before leaving - this avoids being distracted whilst driving, it should be fully secure in case your device falls.
- Travel a route that won’t typically be congested – this will allow for a safer, calmer, and more relaxing journey.
- Leave with plenty of time to spare – you never know what could happen whilst driving – there could always be accidents or unpredictable roadworks ahead and you don’t want to be late for your festivities!
- Ensure you are having regular breaks – this is to avoid tiredness, slow reaction times and falling asleep at the wheel, which the rates of increase at this time of year.
- Wear your Christmas jumper of Santa hat! – this is vital at this time of year and keeps you feeling and looking festive wherever you may be on the road!
Stay safe, and from everyone at Welcome Break, we wish you a very Merry Christmas!